When doing up your home, everything needs your attention and the time has come for you to laminate your floor. For many who often thought that floor lamination is a tedious task it is time to break away from that notion. It is important to let all of you know that in order to laminate floor you do not need much maintenance cost and the installation process is also very easy.
In order to break some of your notions about floor lamination there are a few do’s and and don’ts that will help you to have a clearer understanding about what needs to be done next time when you decide to laminate some of the floors of your home.
The List of Do’s to keep in Mind when Laminating Floors
- A lot of factors needs to be kept in mind when selecting a particular type of flooring. The most important ones are the flooring area available, the footfall on the floor and the moisture levels. If these factors blend well with the floor type you have selected for that particular space, then there will not be much of a problem in the process of floor lamination. Also remember to check the AC rating of the laminate floor.
- The quality underlayment also needs to be selected with cautiousness to protect the floor against moisture that might come from the subfloors. Moisture is very harmful for the laminate floors and the more you can prevent it, the better.
- When it comes to the maintenance of the laminate floors, always keep in mind to clean it with a vacuum cleaner or a mop. This helps the floor to stay away from any kind of dust or dirt.
The List of Don’ts to keep in Mind during Floor Lamination
- It is never encouraged to laminate floors over carpets. One should always refrain from doing it no matter how much it might enhance the beauty of your home. Laminating the floors over the carpets can do no good to either the floor or the carpet so it is best to avoid it at all cost. And for those who have been practicing this for long, curb it immediately.
- Many people find it difficult to understand which kind of solution will be most suited to keep the laminated floors in well condition. This point clearly points out at the items you should never apply to keep the floors clean and to maintain the overall shine of the floors. The don’ts here are polish, wax, abrasive cleansers. These solutions have an adverse impact on the floors.
- The less the moisture levels on the laminated floor, better will be its condition and durability. So the less moisture the floors have, the better. If at all any extra amount of moisture manages to make its way underneath the flooring, then it results in the swelling of the boards.
The list of do’s and don’ts mentioned above will give readers the right amount of assistance they would require while trying to maintain the laminate floors.