There is no doubt that hardwood floors are beautiful; and, the domestic and exotic options of species available are incredible.
“Wood floors are the rage, and justifiably so,” said Mark Markarian of Express Floors To Go in San Diego. “They are attractive and lend themselves to a variety of decorative settings from formal to casual. While many customers visit our showroom and request a specific type of flooring such as engineered hardwood in a certain look and color, the majority of people are not clear about today’s variety of options that are generally referred to as wood floors.”
- Engineered hardwood is made of the natural wood species described as domestic and includes Maple, Oak, Walnut, American Cherry and Hickory/Pecan; or, exotic that includes Acacia, Brazilian Cherry, Pacific Koa, Santos Mahogany and Bamboo among many others.
- They are built similar to plywood for eco-friendly harvesting; or, solid, meaning comprised of a single layer of up to 3/4″ thick wood. Engineered hardwood is more prevalent because its construction offers benefits such as dimensional stability and utilization on all types of subfloors.
- Engineered hardwood floorings are available in their natural color or stained with shades of colors as well as in a variety of surface textures such as smooth for a classic look, hand scraped for a more casual look or hand scraped and distressed for a carefree feel. For increased hardness and durability, they are finished with a permanent aluminum oxide coating.
- Laminate floors are entirely man-made with a high density fiber board (HDF) as a core. For a permanent maintenance free surface, they are finished with decorative simulated wood and durable aluminum oxide.
- Offering not only the beauty of hardwood floors, but a more worry free and affordable alternative, laminate wood flooring is durable and resistant to scratches, stains and fading. It looks like natural wood in texture, finish and color; and, very do-it-yourself friendly for homeowners who enjoy home projects.
- Laminate floors are low-maintenance, requiring no waxing, oiling or staining. They do need to be kept clean as dust and sand particles could scratch the decorative surface in high-traffic areas. the cloud Water spills need to be wiped up immediately or they could cause the planks or tiles to swell or warp. Some brands do come with water-resistant coatings.
- “We believe that the discerning customer, whose budget allows them to invest in hardwood flooring, will enjoy the unique and subtle variations inherent in the various species and the legendary lasting value of natural wood,” said Markarian. “Laminate wood floors offer a variety of options that is within the reach of most homeowners.”
Express Floors To Go offers a large selection of both options that include warranties of 25 years and more, readily available for same day pick up or within a short turnaround.