Wood floors are a joy to behold and there is nothing that can beat the feel of the grainy material beneath the feet.
- They are great for insulation as well and both in warmer and colder climates
- They offer exceptional balance of temperature. However, they are not without their own set of problems.
Anyone who spends big money to lay out beautiful wood floors knows the sudden miss in the heart beat when friends come wearing high heels to parties or bring guests of the four legged variety to visit. Accepted that the feel of natural wood is irreplaceable but the cost is just a tad too high.
- The best alternative for the hardwood floorings with none of the accompanying problems is using the hardwood tile flooring. They have beautiful and realistic tile designs that match the imaginations of the homeowners.
- There are several brands that have a line of tiles in porcelain that replicate the look of wood down to the stains that most wood floors sport.
- They are available in a number of shapes and sizes to match the original feel of the wood planks. They do not expand or contract with the weather so no chances of cracks or seepage, meaning they are easy to clean and maintain as well.
Available Alternatives To Tiles
However, if anyone is set to have the warm feeling of wood in their floors, the next best alternative is to sue engineered hardwood floorings.
- They are reinforced wood sheets that go as the top layer backed by plywood. Such materials can withstand a lot of possibly damaging situations.
- The solid wood floors in restaurants and lobbies have a tough resin applied as their top coat that makes it possible to keep it safe.
However, such materials should stay away from moisture susceptible floors like bathrooms and patios. For such regions, it is better to use hardwood tiles to replicate the feel of wood.